Surgical Tooth Extraction
in Winder, Georgia
We know that tooth extractions are not a favorite topic for our patients. At Stansell, Petree & Seibert Family Dentistry of Winder, we want each of our patients to enjoy a healthy, vibrant smile for a lifetime.
Our goal is to help you prevent tooth infection and avoid tooth pain whenever possible, however, sometimes our dentists do recommend that a tooth be removed.
Common reasons for tooth extractions include:
- Children may require a little help from the dentist to remove an over-retained baby tooth. This allows the permanent tooth to erupt in its place. Don't worry - the tooth fairy still visits when we help out. ☺
- Adult permanent teeth that have become badly decayed to the extent that they cannot be restored may require removal to eliminate infection and relieve pain. After the tooth is removed, it is replaced with a dental implant, bridge or a removable denture to maintain healthy bite function.
- Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Third molars, or wisdom teeth, typically erupt around age 17-25. These ‘extra’ teeth are positioned far back in the mouth and can be difficult to clean, making them problematic for most people.
- Wisdom teeth may also be impacted, which means they are below the gum line and rotated in a manner that they will not erupt or only partially erupt. Wisdom tooth impaction can be a potential problem for the jawbone as the patient matures.
- If you have wisdom teeth, our dentists may recommend that they be removed to prevent infection or decay that might affect surrounding teeth. Most patients do not have room for wisdom teeth in their mouth and they are generally better off without them.
Wisdom teeth and baby teeth being the exception, rather than pulling a tooth, our dentists prefer to save functional teeth when they can be restored. Learn more about restoring an infected tooth with a root canal.
For patients that require tooth extraction or wisdom teeth removal, we have sedation options available in our Winder dental practice. Dr. Lewis Petree has completed advanced clinical training in surgical dental procedures, including extraction of third molars and placement of dental implants. Dr. Petree also has completed State of Georgia licensing requirements to provide IV sedation for dentistry.
Schedule a Dental Surgery Consultation with our local Winder Dentists
We understand that it is important to feel comfortable with your dentist when planning for oral surgery, tooth extractions or wisdom teeth removal. The first step is to Contact Our Winder dental team to schedule a consultation with one of our dentists. We promise to answer all of your questions and make you feel right at home.
“Had to have a tooth extracted. First tooth I've had pulled in over 50 years. A painless experience.”— Rufus K.
“The waiting area is beautifully decorated, but you never have to wait long there because you are seen right on time for your appointment. Everyone you come in contact with is very pleasant and professional- makes you feel more like you are a good friend or family member and that they want to take the best of care for you.”— Jerelyn